Photobucket

Monday, September 13, 2010

Raw Ra Chocolate Mousse Pie

I got to sample this pie after my partner brought leftovers of it home. I devoured it and was in shock that there is even was leftovers! So, i cannot official claim the credit for this amazing recipe, but i can share it with you! I did modify it a bit to suit my needs, though. It's a raw chocolate vegan pie that is so easy to make. And, it will be a great treat for those non-vegans in your life, as they can't deny it's decadence and richness.

After getting the recipe for it close to a year ago, i had a perfect opportunity to try it out recently - at a cottage. I didn't have to bake it and i could bring all the ingredients already measured out. I love simple recipes like this! It will also make a great pudding, and i hate to admit it but knowing how easy it is, i think i'll be making it more than i should!

Raw Ra Chocolate Mousse Pie
(my name for it)
1 pie crust (ready made or you can make one - Keebler Pie Crusts work)
2 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips, melted
1/4 almond butter
1 package of silken tofu (or use almond dessert tofu as the original recipe calls for)
2 tbsp almond milk
1 ripe banana (or 1/2 if you don't want it to be too banana-y)

1) After melted chips in a double boiler, mash banana with fork and add all other ingredients into same bowl. Combine will.
2) Pour into pie shell and refridgerate for at least 4 hours.

Thanks Marnie for the recipe!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Sounds yummo!

5:19 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

I made this last night and brought it to work...everyone LOVED it! Thank you so much sharing the recipe. I'm going to make it this weekend for my Mom's birthday...I'm sure she'll love it too. ♥

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home