Photobucket

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Knit in Public Day!

I love any excuse to try and get my knit sweater done in time to wear it this summer, and the great idea of "International Knit in Public Day" is a perfect answer! While i had to work this morning, and i have dinner plans with friends, i'm sure i can bring my work with me and knit when i can. There is an organized effort, and if you want to join in (though my post may already be too late), click here to see where the knitters are at here in Toronto! Oh, and it's today!

In other knitting news, here is a sneak peak to the baby sweater that has taken me months to finish. I am giving it to my baby friend tomorrow and will share with you the full spread after that, but for now, here's a glimpse. I followed the Baby Tattoo Sweater in the Stitch n Bitch Nation book but i didn't end up embroidered the pattern in - too hard to follow and too abstract for me to clearly see what i did. I also ran out of the baby blue yarn 1/2 through the last piece (egads!) so i added a strip pattern on the sleeves. Which, in my humble opinion, makes the sweater 'pop' a bit more - more colour and pizazz.

I typically slow down my knitting projects in the summer, so i really hope my own sweater gets down faster than it took the baby one - it was to be a birthday present in April! I'm also knitting this sweater along with two friends, both of which who live far away from me, and it's our own take on a knitalong. We're all using different yarn but i can't wait to see what there's looks like! And, even if we all wear them at the same time, they will all look unique!
Editted to add this photo - and the verdict is in, our baby friend Leo loves it and it should fit for the fall/winter of 2007!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger krissy said...

hey vania,
were you & joel out walking in front of union station this afternoon? i was with my dad & stepmom on our way to "woofstock" and i thought i saw you two. i actually saw joel first and thought, "i think i know him...." but by the time i put two and two together it was too late to say hi.
:(
so belated, "hi!!"
-krissy

7:32 PM  
Blogger vania said...

Krissy, too funny, that must have been us! We were there meeting a friend and her baby boy. Were you walking by or driving? I wish i had seen you so a belated 'hi' to you too! I hope Woofstock was fun!

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your knitting projects look awesome Vania! They just keep getting better and better!

1:49 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

What a great little sweater! I love the colours and the stripes.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home