Photobucket

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Flower Brooch Donations -- Posy Pins!

A year or so, i fell upon this great tuturial for flower pins by Molly Chicken. After making myself one as a tester, i started making some for just about everyone in my life. I even made versions of it as corsages for my mom and mother-in-law for my special day. I get compliments on them all the time, and the odd request to make a stranger one, or sell them at a fair or local store. Having had that feedback, i thought they would be a good first item for me to share with my workplace. Each year, the agency i work for has a craft fair as a means to make some extra fundraising funds (as well as otherwise celebrate the crafty-ness in us) so i made these 4 as a donation to the cause. Now i just hope that they get bought and people love them as much as i do!

Now, my question to you all is: do you call them pins or brooches? I never know the difference, if there is one at all! Edited to add: the great suggestion by Jodi - Posy Pins!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had a eureka lightbulb go off in my head, or rather above it, like in the cartoons...how about calling them "Posy Pins."

1:16 AM  
Blogger vania said...

Jodi, that's perfect! I love it! Thanks

10:01 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

Gorgeous "posy pins" vania! Nice to offer your talents for the fundraiser. Are you off to the cottage today?

10:02 AM  
Blogger shaun.marie said...

I'd call them pins. Brooches always seemed to be something that goes in the middle of a blouse, as sort of a centerpiece of your shirt. I'm sure you could wear these this way, but they have more of a 'pin' vibe.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you like it :D

2:37 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

they are too cute! a good way to use up fabric scraps too, i imagine.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home