Photobucket

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Clothing Show Finds

We went to the annual Clothing Show this weekend and even though i am supposed to be on a strict budget, i of course walked away with a few new treasures like this adorable apron for $3 (and it's reversible!) and these cute deer earrings (see them below?) by local artist Paper Snake - the head goes on one ear and the bum goes on the other. I'm not sure what the rest of you think of it, but i thought it was an adorable idea, but i can understand if you think it's morbib!
I was also really excited about the barkcloth piece i got and this red plastic wallet. I sure don't need any more wallets but what drew me to this one is the 2 little change purses inside - one i can use for tokens - and the plastic window part for my metrocard and/or I.D.

The best part of going to such a big shopping extravaganza is being able to see other people's creations and supporting them as well as seeing something and going 'hmmmmm...i can make X with that.' I love being inspired at places and times i least expect it.

And, now that i have made some changes in my work life (cut down on my work schedule a bit) i am able to give back to me again, (it's been months since i had energy to be really crafty) and my endless pile of craft projects may be yet again worked through and conquered!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love love that wallet! And the apron is cool too. Is the reverse the flowery fabric? I'm impress how much restraint you showed with your purchases. I don't know If I would have been able to do that...

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! I always mean to go to the clothing show, and I never make it. Maybe next year!

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Vania, it's been a while...
The strategy that works for me when I'm trying to cut back on purchases is to differentiate between a "need" and a "want." For instance, you didn't need the wallet, you just wanted it. When it's a want - I just tell myself nope. It's a habit that I formed during my poor student days and it's stuck around :)

9:09 PM  
Blogger Allyson Hill said...

I love the wallet too! I have SUCH a weakness for vintage red finds.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home