Photobucket

Monday, January 19, 2009

Well, i Have Some News!

I've been desperately holding on to a secret and now am ready to share it with you. Let me tell you, it's been agony keeping this to myself and am so happy that i can share it with the world!.....

...i'm pregnant! Very exciting news for me and yet i don't want this blog to necessarily turn into 'a crafty vegan and her baby' but i suspect it will sometimes. I am just starting 18 weeks and am loving this stage of the pregnancy. The morning/all day sickness is over now, my tummy is gloriously showing ( that's me at 17 weeks), and we are in baby-reading and rearing mode now.While the first few months were hard, i think i am now ready to start the next step - making things for baby! Like cloth diapers, receiving blankets, booties...the list goes on. With a lovely book like this one from Amy Butler, i am even more excited about this. After making half a dozen diaper bags for friends, i can make one for me now! Yippee! Of course, that will have to come between putting my feet up and napping.

The best part is the eating. I am hungry a lot, but am eating well. My midwife told me that my B12 intake is better than most meat-eaters and that was exciting for me. My naturopath told me that i need to double my protein intake, and calcium of course, and that has been a fun experiment for me. I'm eating more than my 6 foot partner, but barely feel it! Maybe this blog will also showcase some of the ins and outs of my pregnancy diet too!

Anyway, just wanted to share the news with you!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

congratulations!

12:31 PM  
Blogger affectioknit said...

CONGRATULATIONS and Best Wishes!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have already started brainstorming, crafting and shopping! I haven't used some of my craft books and they have already been useful. You should get your first package soon!!

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must have been hard to keep quiet about that! Many congratulations. I hope to hear all about your progress - I don't mind lots of baby talk.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it! I suspected something was up when you started using the word "wee" repeatedly back in November, and described yourself as "feeling warm and cozy inside" in one post and something about not having the time to make gifts this year, adding to that "don't ask!" Well, that's great news. Congrats to you :)

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats! i visit your blog from time to time to see what's up. it'd be great to hear how your pregnancy's going along with the diet. i would get a lot of pressure from family to let go of being vegan.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting!! Diaper Eez on Bloor is excellent for cloth diapers if you are looking to buy any. Also parentingbynature.com has a ton of great stuff :)

12:02 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!
Congratulations!!

Such exciting news. Best wishes to you and the boy. Hopefully your kitty won't be too jealous when the little one comes along.

You look absolutely lovely, by the way!

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations!

I can't wait to see lots of kiddlewink craft

Ruth x

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats, V!

11:16 AM  
Blogger torrance said...

CONGRATS!!!!

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

10:07 AM  
Blogger VeganCowGirl said...

Congrats to you and yours! I too am a pregnant vegan....just about the same number of weeks as you.

Take care and I am looking forward to seeing the diaper bag! Enjoy the second trimester!

2:27 AM  
Anonymous Tanya Maize Brown said...

Congratulations Vania, I am sooo happy and excited for you.....please keep posting so I can stay in the loop! You look fab (of course) by the way!!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home