Photobucket

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Zucchini Blossom Goodness


We have been busy here getting to know baby, but fortunately we were lucky enough to create a lovely dinner with friends recently. Better still, some of the items for our dinner came right from our garden.

We are growing all kinds of veggies - squash, zucchini, and cucumbers - that love to crawl. So, since we had a lovely supply of zucchini blossoms, we recalled recipes that existed where we could get a taste of the lovely yellow flowers. There are oodles of recipes on-line, and my non-vegan friends really enjoyed this one. I made a vegan cream cheeze with dill/chili pepper cream that was lovely too. We also did a simple batter of spelt flour, club soda and salt instead of the more elaborate one. With the left over batter, we made onion rings and yummy (i swear!) deep fried bananas with chocolate chips!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Tanya Maize Brown said...

These look yummy! Just got into the blog world (again!!) for real this time (I think)-- we bought a house that needs tonnes of love so I am blogging the experience. Check me out when you have a moment http://homerenosweethomereno.blogspot.com/
I would love to see how little Clem is growing....post pics when you can. Hope you are all well, getting enough sleep (yeah right) and taking good care.

9:53 PM  
Blogger T said...

Oh my goodness what an amazing idea for squash blossoms, yum! And what a great blog, glad I found ya!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home