Photobucket

Monday, May 11, 2009

Knitting for Baby

I knit a few little goodies for the little one. I think i am going to take a break from knitting and concentrate on the many sewing projects i still have to do. But, i'm pretty happy with the finished goods. I'm hoping that the baby will wear the wee hat and booties i just finished for him/her on their first day with us on Mother Earth.
Who knew knitting accessories for a newborn could be so much fun and detailed? I love too that my wee one already has his/her first pair of shoes - just like mommy! The booties are from the book Knitting Pretty and took no time at all. And, the hat is from One Skein. It was my forth one (the first for me, the rest were gifts for other bebes), and it was the first one that i made without any mistakes in the details around the border. Whew, now i know it's possible!

I also made this great kicking bag for baby to sleep in. I loved seeing Soule Mama's and found the pattern via Ravelry. It took a few months, but was a lovely project to work on in the car and watching TV. I used remnants of soft cotton yarn, but i'm happy with the patchwork it creates.

Now i can go back to sewing burp cloths, a mei tai wrap, bloomers, and a baby quilt!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ayana said...

Those booties are adorable! And ravelry is wonderful! what is your ravelry id? Mine is ayanared.

12:34 AM  
Blogger VeganCraftastic said...

Awww, so cute!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home