Photobucket

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

He's So Small..

This was Clem on Hallowe'en. Does it look familiar? I know the reference may be a bit obscure, but i just love the story...
When You Were Small by Sara O'Leary. Of course, being a sewer, i loved the idea of making a simple thimble hat for him. And instead of a sword made out of a sewing needle, i made a wand out of a large 'pin' (aka knitting needle). I was so delighted to have found this handmade sweater that matched Henry in the story perfectly. Li'l C had a great time with his wand, and going up to people's houses, and of course playing with the candy. He is way to young to eat them, so luckily he had no idea what the candy was, besides a fun tool to take out of this bowl, but in this bag, and then drop back into this bowl....

As i think this may have been the last year that i got to dress him up in a costume of my choice, i loved the idea of celebrating him being small, and being able to link his story to the book's. He also love this book and carries it over to me to read to him almost daily. So i know the costume was a good choice indeed!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara O'Leary said...

Oh that is absolutely adorable.
I have to say that you have really made my day!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Very cute. My son "accuses" me of dressing him up in silly costumes when he was little, but gosh - he was so darn cute as Winnie the Pooh and Raggedy Andy!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Sara O'Leary said...

Hi there - Do you mind if I post a link to this on my blog and use your photo? I think it was such a brilliant thing to do!

10:03 AM  
Blogger vania said...

Sara, please do, it would be my pleasure and honor if you did post it!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home