Photobucket

Thursday, June 07, 2007

I Wanted a New Bag So...

In about 40 minutes, I whipped up a new bag Tuesday night. I wanted a big bag to carry work stuff and i was getting bored of my other big bags. I'll use it for other stuff i need for the summer too - like sunblock, a good book, a water bottle, etc. I also wanted to use some of my vintage bed sheet fabric, so i went on a mission to find a good pattern.

Luckily, i scored an easy pattern from our beloved Martha Stewart. The pattern uses a pillowcase and i thought this would be perfect. It's a 'hobo' bag of sorts i guess, and i added a front pocket so that my MP3 player has easy access. Now, all i have to do is add some lining, because i'm finding the bag is turning into Mary Poppins bottomless suitcase and i can never find my house keys quickly enough.

That said, i used the cutest fabric that i bought in San Francisco, and one local shopkeeper already asked me if i'd be willing to sell my stuff in her store. I guess someone besides me does like it!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger krissy said...

it's cute! congratulations on being asked to sell them---that's exciting!! be sure to tell us where we can find them.

9:56 PM  
Blogger jen said...

it's great! you are my crafty hero!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Allyson Hill said...

Cool! I want to try that one, thank you so much for the link!

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great pattern and use for all those pillowcases!
:)
thanks for the inspiration-

3:41 PM  
Blogger mishka said...

wonderful bag, vania!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

That is great fabric! Cute birdie.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home