Photobucket

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Happy National Craft Month

While i'm not an American, where this holiday exists, i am a crafty grrl so i am extending this Craft Month to include me and anyone else that's crafty! Celebrate your craftiness this month - take care of yourself, splurge on a craft item you've never felt like you should buy, re-organize (yet again) your fabrics or yarns, or create something new!

I think i'll be doing all of the above. Here are some things that i've been working on:

Purple Drop-Stitch Shrug (the orange crocheted sweater is something my grandmother made me when i was about 7 - and yes it still fits!)

Tofu Pouches - store bought tofu puffs that i cut in half and filled with rice, zucchini, mushrooms, and eggplant

Vintage flower buttons from Ebay! I won them with seconds left!


I also can't wait to get started on my March apron, softie and cushion - which themes are all yet to be known!

What will you be doing this crafty month?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on the shrug, it looks cozy! As if you held on to a sweater given to you when you were 7, you have obviously had an eye for fashion since you were a tiny girl!

1:20 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm not sure, but I'll have been knitting for one year by the end of this month, and I've been thinking all day yesterday how I want to do a lot of fun stuff in March, that March will be a good month for me. So, I guess we'll just see! Yeah for the purple and yellow knits -- that's great!

8:07 AM  
Blogger mishka said...

Oh my goodness - where did you find the tofu pouches? Those look amazing...

I, too, have been planning on having a Crafty March! Knitting and Necklaces. My beading-partner and I have been planning on having a jewellery sale in March and we have no stock left, so I have to get crackin'.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Robyn Wade said...

A whole month of crafting; the possibilities are endless. I think that March is going to be my month of sewing projects since I just got a new machine. By the end of the month I would like to have a new yoga bag, new cafe curtains for the dining room, matching Roman shades and valance for the kitchen, and a new skirt for me- all made from recycled materials.

2:22 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

your purple shrug is so cute!! and those vintage buttons...just lovely! i'll be crafting for the spring ooak show all month. that's fun but i'd really like to do some knitting and felt-bead making too. probably no time though...

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't really knitted intensively since Christmas holidays! But i'd like to finish my turquoise blue, cable stitch arm warmers! I'd like to 'popcorn' stitch some yellow and magenta spots. Also, i'm working on my 1st recycled project - a gift for you or mom?? AND, i'd like to get started on a LONG necklace - i've been collecting the beads for a few weeks now.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know exactly yet but I have more projects going on than ever before, and my bead collection is growing...

8:07 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

I'm going scrappin Sunday!

Also, I've posted many food pics!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home