Tag, I'm It!
I was tagged for the "4 Things" meme by vegan knitter of Sweet Little Domestic Life and here are my answers. I felt like i was playing 20 questions, but it is a great way for us bloggers to learn more about each other - it would be fun if a crafty vegan (no pun intended) could put one together one of these things for crafts and their veganism...
Four Jobs You've Had In Your Life
1. I currently (just started) a job as a violence against women counselor working specifically with women who have been identified with intellectual disabilities.
2. As a shelter worker at a young women’s shelter – a lot of overnight shifts and 13-hour weekend shifts, but I did love it
3. I worked at a school as a school liaison worker for children who lived in a local shelter and who needed a lot of support and advocacy.
4. As a dance teacher – ballet mostly, while I was in high school – I got free lessons myself, which was good because I was there every night dancing!
Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over
2. Charlie’s Angels
Four TV Shows You Love to Watch
1. Sex and the City – when I want to live in la la land, and I can get it every night!
2. Project Runway – for inspiration
3. Law & Order: SVU – really related to work, but I love it anyway
4. Alias - i'm the biggest fan and so sad it's not on and will be over this season!
Four Favorite Books
1. Lucky – a true story about a woman’s life after being raped
2. Glass Palace – a wonderful novel set in Burma
3. Sweetness in the Belly (I’m reading it now and am loving already)
4. A Fine Balance – the Rohinton Mistry classic
Some great non-fiction: Vegan Vittles, Renaiscence and Other Poems, All About Love (bell hooks), and A Vindication of the Rights of Women
Four Albums You Can't Hear Too Often
1. Sarah Harmer – You Were Her
2. Sarah Slean – Day One
3. Stars – Set Yourself on Fire
4. Mazzy Star – Amoung My Swan
Four Places You Have Lived
1. Toronto (in order of most recent) – I love it here!
2. Kazakhstan – for a year, where I worked in a new abused women’s shelter
3. India – for 7 months but I really did feel like I lived there – also volunteered in a shelter for abused women
4. Kitchener (for my first 18 years) – need I say more?
Four Places You Have Been On Vacation
1. New York City and Boston – most recently
2. Florida – boring but has the best beach that is close enough for me to get to
3. Uzbekistan (because I was nearby in Kazakhstan and loved it!)
Four Websites You Visit Daily
3. Flickr groups I belong to
4. Google and mail.google for my emails!
Four Of Your Favorite Foods
1. Vegan lasagna
2. Tempeh and avocado sandwich
3. Dark chocolate and any fruit
4. Indian dishes like chana masala, saag aloo, puri
Four Places You Would Rather be Right Now
1. At a hot beach, sitting in the sand and knitting
3. New York City
4. On the Women Warriors ship fighting for women’s rights
Four People You'll Tag
2. Tanya – once she’s done setting her new blog up!
* though i don't expect any of you to do this - i feel like these are similar to email fowards - i love to read them, but doing them is another story!