Photobucket

Sunday, February 26, 2006

I'm vania and i Collect Hankies



Yes, that's right, i am a collector/obsessor of old hankies. I have to admit this to you now because a) my obsession makes me spend forever at cool sales like INESRA (i'll never ever shop retail again) and b) my partner says i have too many 'knick knacks.' I'm hoping to make a quilt out of them one day soon, so of course i need a lot! I have close to 40 now. Until then, i'm posting all my finds on a Flickr group - if you have any to show, please join the group! Anything goes! I obviously love colour, but i also appreciate the whimsical nature of blowing your nose and cleaning it of all your 'stuff' on such a pretty linen!

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I remember looking on your flickr page once and being totally schocked by how many hankies you have -- they're beautiful! I'm not sure if I do my laundry enough to blow my nose with a hanky, but I've always been fascinated by those who do. It can be environmental, sophisticated, or a little gross, depending on how one uses it!

7:42 AM  
Blogger jen said...

are women's hankies smaller than men's? trav uses hankies (which i think has an aura of being both charmingly old-fashioned and environmentally-progressive when done by someone like him from the old straightedge hardcore scene) but i don't like to carry them around with me because they are too big and bulky. they fill up my purse and make my pockets bulge.

8:29 AM  
Blogger vania said...

Hi you two, Michelle, i agree they're both sophisticated and gross. Joel uses them too, and i do think they're bigger - bigger noses? Most of the ones i've been finding are definitely smaller than Joel's and there's some either smaller ones, so they don't take up too much room.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

What a neat post! Lovely! Glad to know there are other interesting collectors out there.


Years ago a friend of mine and I used to collect toilet seat tissues from each town/city we went (unused of course) and we would write lil messages on them as to where it came from and what we were doing there. It was when we were in high school and traveled with the band and color guard. hahaha

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, i SEE your pics, BUT not the message you posted along side it. Do you have creative ideas for hankies?? Like sewing projects??

3:18 PM  
Blogger Regina said...

Nice blog here! (found you through flickr) I just had to comment on those filled tofu puffs. They look delicious!! And so cool on the vintage buttons. My granny is giving me her collection this summer when I go and visit! Yeah!!

Happy Crafting!

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home