Photobucket

Monday, February 13, 2006

I heart Queen Street


We beared the cold winter weather and had a nice stroll along Queen Street on Saturday. One of my favourite parts of the city is this stretch of funky clothing stores, beat up old fabric stores, notion stores like Mokuba ribbons, and some great diners and restaurants. From a lead from Toronto Craft Alerts took us to a vintage clothing sale where i found some great things: the velour frock pictured above, this vintage apron, and an unfinished piece of quilt sqaures that J wants me to make into pillows. He also was successful buying clothes - can you believe he said 'now i'm done shopping for the year?' I wish i had that strength.

Amd, regarding knitting news, i have an update! On Saturday, i went with my friend to Knit Cafe to start a new knitting project. Thanks to all the suggestions from my blog friends, i feel more inspired. I have started a drop stitch shrug that i'm excited about making. I'll post my work soon. The cafe is such a great place for knitters, i'm so glad we have something like it in Toronto!

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

oooh you always get such great scores, vania!

2:23 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

that shrug sounds really cool! did you find the pattern at knit cafe? i can't wait to see it!! ps--about the new vogue, it's pretty good but i also never buy it...i just got it because of drew. i'm enjoying reading it though because it's so different from the magazines i usually buy. if you like drew, i'd say buy it (or read at the library!). hope that helps... :)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

I like Knit Cafe too, but twice I got heavy attitude from 2 different clerks against my decision to only knit with plant fibres. "they don't KILL the sheep you know" when all I said was "I prefer not to knit with animals". But it's a nice store, a small biz owned by women so I hope it does well. Toronto knitters are pretty well served, it's an embarrassment of riches!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home