Photobucket

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

New Year, New Job, New Ideas

As i recently posted, i have a few new changes in my life - new jobs, no cable. One of my favourite bits of all this change is i officially have Tuesday afternoons off. I hope to use this time wisely, and have it all to myself. I love how the blogworld has opened my eyes to so many ideas, so i'm hoping to put my time on my creative side. Or at least some good ole relazation othewise known as 'self-care' in my world. For instance, the blog world has shown me that there is a resurrection in classic book, The Artist's Way, and this is very timely. And, i just joined yet another group on Flickr called Corners of My House. I also love Angry Chicken's idea of having a To Do book. Very inspiring, and it puts my butt into gear! I just am putting the finishing touches on my own version. This book will help my partner and i in our creativity - as well as our romance! Each month, we're both to jot down ideas of things to do/make alone, as well as things that have to get done around the house, as well as 2 date ideas that are not just going to dinner and/or a movie (our usual outing these days).

So, here is my first corner: a wonderful spot that doesn't get used as much by us people in the winter, but Shuma loves it!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting another job! I'm curious to hear about it, it sounds ideal to still have an afternoon off, all to yourself!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Robyn Wade said...

I love the idea of an activity book, I am definately going to try that out.

Philip has worked quite a few Sundays lately so I use that as my day to craft and work on things around the house, it is really nice.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I am a lover of the list, so I really take to the idea of writing things to be done and things you want to do. As the end of my job approaches, I'm starting to think really long and hard about how to use that time. These flickr groups sound really fun, too. Too bad that corner doesn't get used too much in the winter (is it drafty?), cause that looks like such a sweet chair to knit in. And also, Vania, I really wish you the best on all of your jobs, and hooray for free tuesdays!

7:29 AM  
Blogger vania said...

Michelle, it's quite cold in the sunroom because there is no heat coming in (and not electrical outlets), but we try our best in the winter. I am also an avid list writer - i carry a notebook around with me everywhere, now i just have to get my honey into it - hence the book. Good luck on your last few days at work, i'll be thinking of you - as i can relate!

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home