Photobucket

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Weekend Finds

Meet Eleanor:

I had a great weekend, full of vintage and thrift finds, bowling, receiving some belated Christmas gifts, hosting a family dinner, mild weather, and knitting. I wanted to share with you some highlights. Joel and i wanted to see if our local Value Village had any cool bowling trophies (we went to a bowling birthday party) but left instead with too many other good finds instead. I got a great white apron, and an awesome juice jug complete with a spout - i can't wait to use this for parties! We also found some classic boardgames for $3 a piece - Clue and Scruples. My piece de resistence is this amazing dressform that Joel saw and held on to the whole hour we were there (i'm calling her Eleanor). We couldn't believe all the great things we scored. I'm an avid thrifter, and VV has always been good to me, but i was prompted to go there this weekend because of little bird's recent post. Another great site for vintage and thrifty info is Tag Sale Tales.




I am so excited about 2 new knitting books my friend Janice sent my way. What a wonderful friend, i love having other crafty grrls in my life! I can't wait to start the Turtleneck Shrug in Scarf Style and she also surprised me with a copy of Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Knitting. A great resource for sure!

Stay tuned for pictures and a menu of my Mexican feast for 8!

4 Comments:

Blogger krissy said...

great scores! isn't vv the best? i find the ones downtown often picked over (at least by the time i get there) but going just a tiny bit out of the core often brings great finds. i love the mugs & juice jug and that dressform is amazing! (ps. you were asking awhile ago about my fake chicken. i got it in the frozen chest in the store at the back of "kings cafe" (kensington market). not 100% sure if it's vegan or not but next time i get it i'll check the ingredients more closely and let you know.)

11:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

oh my god, i'm stealing your idea! i'm going to a bowling birthday party on saturday and i'm going to go to the thrift store and look for bowling trophies to bring. that's an awesome idea!

i love thrift stores too but i'm too selfish to publicize which ones i like.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thrifting...one of the many things I miss about living somewhere else than NYC. Yes, there's some, but it's mostly "vintage," still very cool, but not thrifty. You really did get great scores! I was just thinking about dress forms, and of course, aprons -- yeah! How can you not love a good thrift apron! I, too, love to bowl, even though I'm not too good at it and it strains my wrist a bit. In fact, I just got some bowling embroidery iron-ons! I look forward to info on the mexican feast!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Elinor said...

Eleanor is a great name, no matter how it's spelled. ;-)

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home