Photobucket

Friday, March 16, 2007

I'm Ready for Spring

Out with the old, in with the new haircut! It was time for a change, so I got my hair cut today by my favourite hair stylist, and it brought me to a part of Toronto that i love - Queen St. While there, and after my amazing visit at the salon, i strolled alone and went into Magic Pony (a cool Japanese-inspired 'creative knick knack store') that has a back room for gallery shows. From Feb 23rd to March 18th, there has been an exhibit called Ilavska: The Arts and Crafts of Grandmother. It's a fun little exhibit with some great original pieces.
Of course, with my hankie collection obsession still alive, i bought this adorable hankie by Sonja Ahlers. Very cool and very grandmothery at the same time.
I also added some fun detail to some mittens my mom gave me. They're little but warm, so i thought they would be fun for this transition into Spring. I know they aren't symmetrical or match, but i was inspired by the shoe company Campers series of Twins shoes. And i think an umbrella and balloon are very fun images. So, i cut out some fabric in these shapes and then cross-stitched the handle and string, respectively.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

love the new 'do! good work on the mittens, they are much cuter now and they will make the cold wet waiting-for-summer months much more fun.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

The new haircut is a big change and looks so great on you. Today's snow isn't very spring-like but your post made me long for spring!

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bangs look really cute! They give you a youthful appearance. And emphasize your green eyes - wow!

10:50 AM  
Blogger krissy said...

i absolutely love the new bangs! good move...
and the mittens are darling too!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Nice bangs!! New haircuts are in the air, I'm thinking of getting drastically chopped soon. I go to Coupe Bizzarre, too. Magic Pony is too much fun! That's where I got my Blythe. I haven't been to that exhibit yet. Have a nice weekend!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Is Magic Pony where I got my tree hugger bag? I loved that place!

And I love the bangs! You are too pretty! And so crafty! Lovely mittens!

Yesterday we were out at a coffee shop, and I whispered to Aaron: "That girl over there looks like a goth, possibly drugged-out version of Vania!" Why couldn't it have just been you! Why why why!!!

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hair Cut! And i was just getting used to the long do! I thought you didn't like my 'bif' bangs?!? But they're fun!

I love the umbrella motif!

2:07 PM  
Blogger mishka said...

your hair looks great!!! Wow! I've wanted to go to Coupe Bizzarre, but I get my friend to cut it usually. But next time, I think I'll give it a go!

Michelle - yeah, that's where you got your bag :)

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those mittens look ready for spring. :)

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home