Photobucket

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

New Office Chair Cushion

We recently renovated our second bedroom aka J's study/my closet/guest bedroom and with the new changes, i had to make a chair cushion for the second desk chair. Since i love to match, i used fabric i had already that had hues of orange, brown, and yellow. Added for Steph: The main fabric is an old sheet that i got at Value Village. I've used it a lot - for a bag, a pillow, place mats, etc. The top piece is an old quilt square that i cut down to this circle shape. I just sewed the quilt square to the main fabric, added ties to the back, and voila!

I just wish my work office chair could have such an adorable cushion - after a long day of sitting (though i several chairs depending on my clients' seat preference), my, ahem, tailbone hurts when i get home!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

great work!! are you going to make another one for work?

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's beautiful! Is it quilted? Pieced? GImmie some details here!!

11:13 PM  
Blogger vania said...

You're funny Steph - i've edited my post for ya!

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great use of things you already had/made. I love those quilt squares! I'm a big fan of brown and yellow too. I was in the middle (for about a year now) of knitting myself a new cushion, but I may have to quilt one and use that fabric I have laying around.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

ooooh I love it!

4:59 PM  
Blogger awesomevegan said...

I love your creations! You are very talented! How did you get the thing on the side that shows the percentage of your projects you are working on? I would love to post one on my blog! If you can help I would be grateful.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly house decorating! Next time i'm there i'll be doing lots of double takes!! I love that the futon (?) is under the window now!! I've been working on a creative project this weekend too... more details later!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Robyn Wade said...

This is awesome!!! I love the yellow.

3:23 AM  
Blogger awesomevegan said...

thanks for commenting back on my blog! I would appreciate the code very much but I can't find your email address on your profile! :( Thanks for the nice welcome!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home