Photobucket

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Peonies and Art

I love this time of year because my favourite flowers are out and sharing their beauty with everyone. While the tulips, daffodils, and lilacs have come and gone, here in Toronto, peonies are out in full force. I love their smell, their colour, and most of all their gentle but full body. They have such sturdy stalks but their petals are so delicate. I love that balance!

When i buy my first house, which may be sooner than i ever dreamed, i will surely plant a huge peony garden!
I also recently stepped out of my art comfort zone of sewing crafts and knitting to make some visual artwork. Last year, i bought a bunch of old children's school textbooks that had the cutest pictures in it. I've been wondering what to do with this cute pictures and then it came to me - i can make small art pieces, out of recycled and reused goods in our own home. J just finished his first big woodworking project and had left over scraps. Of course, i have all sorts of do dads and crafty things, so i created some anti-shadow box pieces ('anti' because they are in small scraps of 2 x 4 and not in shadow boxes). I have 2 finished and i'm aiming for two more. Here's a preview and when i'm done, i'm going to put them all up together!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger mishka said...

those are great pieces, vania! very creative.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

Great idea! I love peonies, too.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love 'crosscrafting' These are a good example. March on!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home