Photobucket

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Good Crafty Reading

I recently added two new craft-related books to my collection and i wanted to share them with you. I love getting good resource books, and my mom always taught me that investing in a good book is always a worth-it buy. Good advice, mom!

When i was in NYC last year, i never made it to Teany (the vegan cafe co-owned by Moby) and i was a bit sad about that. So, when i came across a copy of their cookbook/scrapbook called teany book at my local Winners store, i jumped at the chance to buy it. Not only does it have some great recipes, it has some great info about teas, health and beauty stuff, as well as some silly tidbits of cartons and photos. A fun cookbook that can also serve as a coffee (or tea!) table book. I recently made their chocolate green tea pudding and it tasted lovely. I unfortunately didn't have enough of all the ingredients so the recipe - that i took to a friend's "choc-luck" (dessert potluck) party turned more into a drink than a dessert. But i think the book is still worthy of mention, because that was my error and not theirs!
The other book that i'm enjoying is Twinkle's Big City Knits. I can't wait to try out some of the fantastic sweater patterns. I'm hoping i can find some good vegan-friendly thick yarns for some of the patterns, but the book is full of wonderful cardigans, knit dresses & skirts, hats, scarves, and tops. A truely wonderful compliment to other knitting books that are geared towards those who would rather use smaller needles or knit argyle and fair isle sweaters. For a preview of some projects, click here. I made my honey a quick hat with not even one ball of yarn, and it was fun to use such large needles and whip up something in just a couple of hours!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

I've been to TeaNY a couple times, and Moby himself was there when I was! Did you see the photo of the dog getting her paws soaked in rose petal water?

Let us know what luck you have with vegan chunky yarns!

2:17 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

i've got "twinkle's..." on my hold list at the library and i can't wait for it to come in. i browsed through it awhile back in a bookstore and really wanted to buy it. and like carla, i had a star sighting at teany too...sofia coppola!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

that hat is so lovely! may I order one in brown?

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the art direction on the twinkle cover. I'd LOVE to go to TeaNY ... it's too bad you didn't make it.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home