Photobucket

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Wedding Gifts and Wedding Trips

I'm off for wedding #2 of the summer tonight - did i mention it's in Mexico? I'm very excited to get away for a week, and have a beach vacation with my honey - we've never done this before. Besides spending time with friends, i also plan to take my very first surfing lesson, possibly swim with sea lions, and read a lot on the beach. I'm not sure what the food will be like (being vegan can be oh so challenging when away like this) - but i'm sure i'll get my fill of guacamole!

We finally gave our friends from wedding #1 their gift and i can share some photos with you now. I made a picnic blanket for them - and we found the cutest picnic basket to go with it. My friends are avid game players - from board games to scavenger hunts - so i thought a Twister-inspired quilt would be a perfect fit for them. I used vintage bed sheet fabric for the back, and i have to admit i think i like that side better.
Anyway, here are some photos of the quilt, and see you in a week, when i'm sure i'll post about my trip to Todos Santos, Baja, Mexico!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love our quilt and the whole basket, it's a fabulous gift! Have a great time in Mexico!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Twister quilt! What a great idea! Have fun in Mexico.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home