Photobucket

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Restructured Summer Dress

I have been working hard this summer on making my own summer dresses, and while i have 1 still drawn out but yet to go further, and 2 others sitting unfinished on my dining room/sewing table, i have finished one. Yeah!

Maybe it's because i made up my own simple pattern, but i whipped it up in no time. The best part is that i used J's old button-down shirts so the dress is nice and soft and breatheable cotton for these hot days of summer.

From this:I used 3 different shirts - the green one takes up the skirt portion, and there is a yellow back of a shirt that acts as the back of the bodice. I just thought it would be fun to do like this, but it did create a bit of a challenge to match things up.

To this:
I also used elastics inside to keep the dress up - at the bodice and at the waist. I added this belt from another dress for detail, an Now all i have to do is convince J that it's MY dress, not HIS shirts (he confessed to being a bit weirded out seeing me in his old clothes...).

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

awesome!

10:42 AM  
Blogger krissy said...

totally love that dress. i wish i had your mad sewing skillz.

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I reallly, really love this! You astound me with your creative talents.

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your own pattern? Looks great.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Fabulous!

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home