Photobucket

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Some Crafty Presents

I have gotten a couple of great presents over the last couple of months that are sure to delight my crafty side. First up, i got this great book, Simple Gifts to Stitch, that i've been wanting for a while. It's filled with some great ideas, and i especially love the 'pintucked table runner' and the 'tri-pocket ticking tote' that's on the cover. Another whimsical and decadent project is the tiara made up of flowers. Other bloggers have reviewed it, so i won't. Here and here are some links if you want to know more.

I also got some lovely quilt squares from my sis, who picked them up all the way in Hawaii - and some of the fabrics look straight out of there, so i can't wait to find the perfect project for them. Of course, i still have 2 quilts to finish, so i doubt they will be yet another quilt. Maybe a couple of bright and colourful cushions to fit in with our still-to-come retro 70s basement lounge? Thanks to you both for the lovely and thoughtful gifts!

My sewing machine has been acting a bit 'off' lately, and for the life of me, i don't know what it is. I have tried all the suggested fixes, but still my stitching is not sturdy. The backside is not sewing properly. So, i don't feel committed to any big projects because i know i wouldn't be happy with how the sewing turns out. Does anyone know what to recomend? Maybe it needs a professional's touch, a tuning perhaps?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... sewing machine troubles are tricky. Maybe its something with the tension dial? Sounds like a prob I had with mine. I had to take it in to be fixed. Its worth it though.

Love that fabric! You could do all kinds of beautiful things with that fabric.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love shopping for fabric. There's so much you can do with it.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

You might have tried this already, but thought I'd mention it. One of the easiest fixes is to change your needle. I find that sometimes you can sew a lot - then other times, need to change more often.

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home