Photobucket

Friday, May 16, 2008

Call Me Ms. Staple Gun

I think i may have found a new part-time job, or at least new hobby - i have been re-upholstering a lot of things lately. I just love the sound of the staple gun against my project, i guess! It is good, though, to be able to look past something old, ugly, and/or ruined and be able to rejuvenate it. A good example of restructuring and re-using for sure!

Here are two recent projects. The first is a vanity chair i wanted to use for my backyard patio. I took of the faux fur seat cover, and replaced it with a fun fabric that i then covered with plastic, so that when i forget to leave it out in the rain, it won't get soaking wet.
The second project is a laundry bin my parents passed on to me. The seat cushion was a bit ruined (stains, tears), so i cleaned it up, removed what needed to be gone, and replaced it with this lovely blue fabric. It looks perfect in our bedroom, and now our cat can enjoy yet another new place to see and look outdoors!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Robyn Wade said...

Very nice!! It always feels good to transform something you don't like into something you love.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

I *heart* my staple gun and love when I find a reason to use it!

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home