Photobucket

Monday, September 15, 2008

Other People's Craft Show and Share

I love going to local arts and craft fairs, from the big (hundreds of vendors) to small (mere 10 booths). While i need to remind myself of my frugal bank account these days, sometimes i just have to walk away with an original art piece. I tell myself, i'm supporting artisans work, and their creativity flows into my own. Then i feel better.

For instance, here are some things i've found recently. I've very excited by the first one, a small diorama made by Jenny Wren, a local designer here. I eagerly put it up on my wall of art, as soon as i got home. It perfectly sits where i can see it too, putting a small on my face each day. (See it there, in the middle? That's how small it is!)
Ok, so not quite local art, nor new, but i found this adorable purse on Etsy recently. It's vintage, most likely handmade - the egg-like flowers are quilted! - and from Portland, OR area. I think it's the perfect Fall purse, and thankfully the two wooden thingies open enough to allow me to put stuff in (not always the case with purses like this!).
And, finally, here is our brand-new pepper mill, made locally too. While not cheap, it's made from fallen tree branches and is so exciting to use. I think i want to have a pepper dinner party soon just to use it. Recipes, anyone?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that purse in our hallway saturday and I meant to ask who's it was because I thought it was so cute! Nice fine!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that purse was very cute!

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an expensive pepper grinder!! The artisan that makes them must be a great salesman ;)

crista

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those dioramas - and pretty much all the stuff made by Jenny Wren! SO cute and SO tiny. She must work with the smallest tools!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Maria Rose said...

I love the diorama! Craft fairs are so much fun, with the exception of way too many sand art booths.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home