Photobucket

Monday, August 17, 2009

Cute Boys Clothing is Hard to Come By

Having a boy and being someone who loves clothes aren't the most compatible couplings. Boys clothing can be just so boring! Luckily, i both sew and love Etsy where others sew. As i also don't shop at the big box and brand stores, i have to both watch my non-working budget (hello, adorable boutique and indie clothing makers!) as well as finding items that are not stereotypical boys motifs. I'm not someone who believes that boys innately like trucks and sports, so we'll see what this next year brings to my little Clem..

Of course, i will be the first to admit that i will be encouraging things that i like, such as birds, garden stuff, lots of colours, bikes, and dancing. Most importantly, i just want him to discover stuff on his own, instead of me feeling like he's push by his parents to like them because we think he should. Now, if only i could get others in his life to see that too! Boys are more than cars and soccer, ya know.
I think i will be making this cute playsuit for each of the 4 sizes offered in the pattern, made by Oliver + S. So far, i have 2 of them. Here's his wee one, something he is growing out of quickly as he's already 11.7+ and just a week 7 weeks old! I am already compiling other cute patterns but if anyone has a favourite pattern or store to recommend, please do so!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't being crafty great? I can't wait to see what you dress the little sweetie in!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wholeheartedly agree with you Vania! It's generally the older generation i.e. in-laws and parents that seem to think along traditional lines and buy clothing with soccer balls and trucks for little boys.

I went to The Bay once, as an expectant friend of mine had her baby registry with them, and I was appalled at the clothing selection for infants and toddlers. Who designs this crap?!

My first suggestion (which you already know about) for alternative children's wear is Etsy. I'm a huge fan of Etsy. Search under key words: "baby clothing sale"

Also, check out your local Value Village for some interesting infant boy finds, depending on the neighbourhood of course, you might be able to score some great items.

E-bay is also great because the clothing is lightly used but you can find some great designer names like Oilily and Oeuf.

Also on-line shopping on kids clothing sites like Oeuf, Trendytogs.com, Oilily, etc. There are a LOT of sales this time of year, even on-line so you might be able to get some great unique pieces that don't break the bank. For example this colourful little number with animals on it.

http://www.trendytogs.com/boutique-childrens-clothes/Infant-Baby-Boys-Clothes/Catimini-Spirit-Couleur-Striped-Footed-Pajama

P.S.
Your little guy is precious!! Congrats!

Emilie

7:34 PM  
Blogger Natural Violet said...

Totally agree! I love the outfit. Your little guy is so precious. I make most of Jonas' clothes. I also buy white clothing blanks and dye them fun colors. I am currently gearing up for his fall wardrobe. They grow out of things so fast. Take care.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home