Photobucket

Monday, March 06, 2006

Jazzin' it Up a Bit


As i recently posted, i wanted to celebrate Craft Month, and i'm happy to see that others have as well. I'm working hard on a few things and i hope i can share with you my finished projects soon. Here's a list:

* quilt - almost done, just needs to be finished along the edges
* collect enough hankies for a new quilt - need 6 more
* hem J's pants
* a softie with a Room of One's Own Theme
* hem some things - my kimono has a torn around sleeve, a shirt that's too big, turning a dress into a skirt
* sew a new purse with cool handles
* knitted project - more baby booties and other baby things
* i need more practise with cross stitch - the mermaid above is one of my first projects Sublime Stitching
* XL cushion from this new vintage fabric i found


At a recent vintage clothing and textile sale, i found some great things. Something extra special were these wool flowers from the 1880s - a hobby craft that women did to pass the time. Aren't they gorgeous? It would be wonderful to learn how to make them today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I love that mermaid -- this month should be the month of sublime stitching for me, too! Your other projects sound really fun and I await them all!

11:36 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I know this is totally unrelated to your post - but I am still learning the blogging protocol. I did it. Seized the day. Started a blog ... thanks to you. You rock! So good to see ya today!

7:00 PM  
Blogger vania said...

Hilda, follow the link on the left side of my blog called A Month of Softies - it's a flickr group and March's theme is to use a room in our own place that inspires us. as a fan of Virginia Woolf, i want to do something that reflects that.

9:43 PM  
Blogger toronto craft alert said...

hey! i picked up one of those victorian beauties as well at the cbc show. some gorgeous stuff there!

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home