Photobucket

Monday, April 24, 2006

My Three R's

Since i never did well in 'Rithmetic, i have decided that my three R subjects are: Reading, Restructuring and Reusing. So what if i'm mixing school subjects with environmentally-conscious living? I think they go hand in hand. And with April being Earth Day's chosen month, i think i have chosen wisely.

I figure that restructuring and reusing, though similar, are different enough to merit their own subject headings. I had to Restructure a top to make it uniquely mine and wearable again. And i altered earrings that already existed into a better and more Usuable pair! So, to sum up my plans and accomplishments this month:

Reading
Stephen Lewis' Race Against Time - i love this man - he's an inspiration to us all. I can't wait to devour his lecture series.

Restructuring

Inspired by my new Tease book, i made this top. I need to work out a few glitches with my sewing technique - or lack there of - but i'm already excited about my next project.


My sister mailed me a package for just because (ain't she sweet) and made this great clutch/wallet/make-up bag from recycled pretzel bags. Too cool! And since it fits well with my Restructuring Theme, i wanted to show it to you:

Reusing
I bought these triangle earrings from Value Village for $0.70 and made them into a classier pair of dangly earrings.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Lewis IS wonderful. How much do I love that top?!? So fabulous - well done. And I love how you can weave your environmental politics into the three Rs. You are the best :)

8:56 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

your 3 r's are way more fun than math! ...and i love those earrings!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

i agree with you and krissy -- i loved reading and writing, but "rithmetic" i could do without (oh no, i'm now thinking about an old colleague about to come into your comments and tell me and you about the importance of math in our every day lives. yeah.) i really like what you did with the t-shirt and the earrings. it's a cool discovery to realize you can make neat things out of older things. i want to do that more.

9:06 AM  
Blogger jen said...

i like what you did with those earrings!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

math is cool, but restructuring is pretty darn cool, too. nifty shirt

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, isn't that the ribbon i bought in NYC? AND the top i bought you once for your birthday? Together?! NICE!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home