Photobucket

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Show and Share

I hear that's the new way of saying Show and Tell, though i'm not sure why. I guess with all these references to school, i'm really wanting to go back. Actually, i am, but i'm procastinating instead of filling out my application. I found a great program where i can get a Masters in Art Therapy - the type of therapy i use mostly and i know i both want to learn more counselling skills as well as have the 'status' of the M.A. after my name! Social work isn't known for its high-rolling paycheques, so i need to find ways i can get my hands on money any way i can cuz ya know I need to support my craft addiction somehow!

Anyway, enough side-bar info about me. I have things to share with you! I just got in the mail - isn't 'snail mail' wonderful! - a top i ordered from the fabulous Stephanie of anti-factory fame. Her motto is 'because sweat shops suck' and i couldn't agree more. I just had to wear it today (it was waiting for me when i got home yesterday). I just love finding all these amazing women (seems that DIY + craft = women) on line and buying stuff to support small and independent businesses. It's so inspiring for me. Maybe one day i'll start selling my jewellry - my first love of all things craft.

Anyway, i wanted to share with you my lovely new top and also my latest knitting work. Now that i'm back in my knitting group, i'm working on a cape with armholes. I found a couple of different yarns that are fuschia - at first i wasn't sure if i wanted such a bright colour but alas i couldn't resist it. I just hope i get to finish it in time for spring - the days are getting warmer fast!

Also, here's a shout out to my li'l sis who's got a birthday on April 28! Have a fabulous day, eat a chocolate cake for me, and pamper yourself!

7 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

i agree -- that top is excellent! and speaking of excellent and speaking of mail...i got your earrings and they are extra pretty and glamorous and make me look supa-fancy!!! thanks so much!

and art therapy...i've always been intrigued by art and dance therapies so i'm curious to hear more.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Good luck with the Masters (and the application). I don't have an advanced degree, but I hear good things from people who do have them.

They seem to be changing alot of language in school to make it more inclusive. I guess sharing is more interactive and friendly, while telling comes at the kids. Also, in drivers' ed, instead of having hands at 10 & 2, they're teaching them to keep them at 5 & 7 because of the air bag. Instead of sitting Indian style, kids now sit criss cross applesauce. That last one was obviously changed in the name of political correctness.

8:01 AM  
Blogger jen said...

criss cross applesauce! i hate cutesy baby talk like that. whatever happened to plain old "cross-legged"??

8:04 AM  
Blogger vania said...

hee hee, i read Jen's comment before Stacey's and i was like huh? I agree cross legged makes more sense and is not cutesy like criss-cross applesause - though i am VERY glad they changed the name.

Michelle, i'm glad you like your li'l b-day present!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Art Therapy?! So wonderful - I am very excited for you and cannot wait to hear all about it.

You look fabulous in that new top and the fushia knitting project is great.

Oh and on the "Show and Share" my son is now in kindergarten and I have learned they have changed the words to alll the songs. Some of them for good reason but others are just so sugary now.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

and happy birthday to your sister, too!

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vania, you look so amazing as you always do! I love that top on you for sure. I am so happy to see you even if only in blog world!!

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home