Photobucket

Monday, July 09, 2007

Weekend Road Trip Finds

a basket full of aprons!

We went home to visit family yesterday, and were grateful to rent a car that had air-conditioning! While the rain teased us a bit, we did make it to Guelph in time for our annual antique extravaganza called Aberfoyle Antique Fair. So good.

It's such a wonderful way to enjoy an afternoon, and you don't really 'need' to buy anything at all. Just looking at things and appreciating them for their story is so much fun.
As always, we left with a bit of things, but i did So Good to not buy more of what i wanted. Now that we're saving for our house, it's all relative i guess! We did want to find a new coffee table, and that's the only thing we didn't! But, my piece de resistence is this amazing apron set with matching bunny oven mitts! For $8!! I didn't even hesitate to get them. The woman selling believes a grandmother made them for her grand-daughter as a wedding present. They still had the original box, too. For picture of the oven mitts and the lovely robin embroidered linen, feel free to check some of my photos over at flickr. i want to use as little of plastics with food as possible, so these pyrex bowls with lids will be great for leftovers!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger mishka said...

great finds, vania!

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, what a coincidence!
I drove by the Aberfoyle Antique Fair this weekend on my way to Elora where I spent the weekend at a lovely B&B that served organic food for breakfast. Even with my wheat-free & vegan diet the hostess still managed to create a most delicious meal for me and my partner. Yum!

It's been ages since I browsed at the Aberfoyle Antique Fair. I'm not much of a shopper although I do enjoy browsing. I tend to be more of a minimalist with my purchases.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such fantastic finds. I love all of your photos.

Sorry I haven't been around in a while ... glad to be back :)

7:34 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Nice, I go for the pyrex too. With a lid, even better!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home