Photobucket

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Fruit Cozy

I hate when i pack a fruit in my bag for lunch or a snack, only to find it bruised or scratched by the time i want to eat it. Big turn-off. It doesnt' help that an apple can wait in my bag for a few days, being tossed around, before i want it.

So, since i love how practical my banana holder is, i thought i could do something similar for my round fruits. I knit a cozy in the round, added some draw strings at each side, and voila - blemish-free fruit! The yarn fuzz adds a nice reminder for me to wash my fruit before eating it, too.

Fruit Cozy Pattern

Supplies
Scrap yarn, approx 50 gr to be safe
appropriate sized double-pointed needles ( i used size 4.25mm)
contrast colour for ties - approx 2 metres
scissors
yarn needle

Directions
1) Cast on 32 sts onto one needle and transfer them equally onto 3 of the needles.
2) Join the sts to form a circle and knit in k2 p2 rib pattern for 6 rows
3) Then work the next part of the piece in stockingnette st for approx 10-16 rows, depending on how big you want the cozy to be
4) Return back to rib pattern for final 6 rows
5) Bind off and weave in loose ends
6) Take contrast colour and weave in to form a drawstring on each side. This helps the fruit stay inside and allows for easy access. Done!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger torrance said...

That's a good idea!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Allyson Hill said...

That's about the cutest thing I've ever seen!

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home