Photobucket

Monday, September 24, 2007

Fall Means Knitting

Now that Fall has definitely crept up to us (even though it'll be 30 degrees C tomorrow), i am organizing my knitting supplies for another full season. After a month or two of a hiatus, i am already excited about some new knitting projects. I also can't wait to knit by the fire on a chilly Sunday afternoon; nothing is better in my books. A hot cocoa by my side and some soothing music adds even more of the ambiance i so cherish.

On my needles now are 2 projects: one of me and one for J. I am long overdue on making him a sweater, or at least something more substantial than a hat or scarf. So, for him i'm making a cardigan that's features in the Spring 2007 Special Issue of 'knitscene'. It's called the "Kenobi Jacket" and is on the cover of the magazine. Detailed work, and i have no due date, so the pressure's off, of sorts.

My own project is a free pattern by Vogue Knitting International (Fall 2007) Special 25th Anniversary Issue - a gorgeous cape made with thick yarn and i plan to have it done and ready to wear for the end of the Month...I'll share the finished piece then. If you want to see it now, it's featured on this page, along with other free patterns - all in the customary silver/grey colour to commemorate the anniversary. The cape is on the second top row, on the left.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

So you must've found some vegan chunky yarn then!

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for fall! I'd love to learn how to knit. Maybe one of these days I'll get you to give me a lesson :)

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home