Photobucket

Friday, December 21, 2007

Day 8 - Happy Winter Solstice!

My partner and i celebrate this day and love our new tradition for it. It started out in honour of my pagan sisters, and then it became our own ritual to go to Kensington Market's Festival of Lights extravaganza.

I really can't do this fun evening justice except to say it's full of street theatre, music, participatory audiences, a march, and cold feet. We take a lantern with us each year, promising to make our own one year, but so far it hasn't happened. I had every intention to make this one from Bust's current issue, but alas, life got in the way. Next year, for sure, i promise myself!
Traditionally, we took this day to have as a special occassion for just ourselves, and open one present each. Because, we're carefully watching our present spending and making this year (and therefore have less presents to open), i think what we'll do instead is enjoy some nice eggnog by the fire, with my sister who will be visiting is. Bless her for coming to see us.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home