Photobucket

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Green IS the New Black

Or so they say. We've welcomed this colour in our home with open arms, and going green is something we're committed to - in our living room and in our daily eco-friendly lives!

After a bit of discussion with J, we decided on a very bright and 'earthy' shade of green for our living room. Since we separarted our TV and massive collection of knick knacks from our travels, i thought this fun shade of green would speak for itself. It sure does! This room has become Shuma's favourite hang-out (directly challenging a previous commenters use of the word 'garish'. Ahem), and i also love it to read in, listen to records in, and just sit quietly in.

One other great revelation that we've discovered about the house is the abundance of natural light. Just lovely. So, hanging up curtains is mainly for privacy because i definitely welcome the sun in, as do our plants that got so used to being in a sunroom for 4 years! And, to top it off, i can now proudly display the antique glass curtain holders my sis got me as a present!
The house is coming along nicely and it has taken over all my craft work, except for the periodic sewing of hems for our curtains, and other tasks. This new direction of creativity is very exciting, though, as i know it's for my very own house! Though, our 'to do' list is by no means done, and seems quite endless at this point. So, instead of obsessing over it (which is so me!), i'm tring to take it easy. So, i'm taking time to enjoy it all - like i've tweaked my blog roll call a bit, and have added some great bloggers who feature their design work. They've all been a great inspiration for me, so take a look too!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that shade of green!!
It's so fresh and juicy! Just like a Granny Smith apple.
Reminds me of walking in the park after a summer rain fall :) Your cat looks so cozy. It must be his favourite chair.

6:35 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

such a happy shade of green! i love how cozy that room looks.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, those curtain tie backs finally have a home!! :)

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this room Vania, and I can hardly wait to see more!!

9:06 AM  
Blogger jen said...

green is my favorite color for walls, i have to restrain myself from painting our whole house green!

the living room looks great - so sunny and fresh!

11:35 AM  
Blogger knittingdragonflies said...

OMG, I'm so glad I saw your blog and your green room. I have had my kitchen this color for 5 years. Everytime I start to pick out new paint, I end up coming back with a chip almost the same color. I still love it.
Now I don't feel so nutty.
Enjoy
Vicki

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home