A Brighter Shade of Light
I have been working steadily on making changes and renos to my new pad, and one task that i did pretty early on, and possibly was just a bit too eager to do, was to update the light switch plate on the second floor. It's a switch plate for three lights, so instead of trying to find a new one, i decided to simply recover it this way.
Since i'm not into folk art, every time i either walked by or had to use the lights, my heart just sighed. Until i found a perfect solution, i knew i just had to wait it out.
Then, as we had found the greatest wallpaper to do as a feature strip in our dining room, the print jumped out at me for the plate.
The photo on the left is the BEFORE, the only good thing for me was the solid ceramic instead of flimsy plastic. And the photo on the right is the new plate. I simply traced the shape and size of the plate, and used good wallpaper adhesive to put it together. Nice and easy!