Photobucket

Monday, March 10, 2008

Yearbook Committee Memory Game

My parents came to visit recently and brought me some goodies. Among them, my mom gave me a lot (A LOT) of fabric that she no longer feels inspired by or has space for. I ended up having a busy weekend getting to know my new craft room better, i made quite a few projects - one of them being this one. Since i'll be heading to a friend's place soon, to meet her latest child, i wanted to make something for her older boy, who just turned 4.

Seeing this fabric inspired me to make a game for him. Do you remember that game "Memory" that is a card game where you had to find two matching cards surrounded by others that are all face-down? I thought this would be a perfect use for this otherwise strange fabric - like, why have a category called "Future Hacker" and since when is "Trendiest" a goth cat decked out in black and piercings?
Anyway, i made 28 cards and used some good linen to add weight to the backs. After sewing the cards inside-out, i then turned them right side out and sewed the bottoms shut. I even found an adorable way to store them - in this old Blueberry Tea wooden box. They fit perfectly in here! I hope my little friend likes them as much is i did making them! Oh, and thanks mom for the lovely new selection of fabrics!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger affectioknit2 said...

That is such a neat idea - I love it!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I love it too! What a great idea.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Hobocamp Crafts said...

what a wonderful idea! As a child memory games were some of my favorites!

2:39 PM  
Blogger knittingdragonflies said...

So cute! This is a great idea!
Vicki

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing idea. He'll LOVE it. I know a bunch of mom's who'd pay good money for that ....

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that it's not made of paper! It will last, and no trees were harmed. Great recling mind Vania.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The box is made from wood which comes from a tree! Are the fabric dyes that are used on the fabric, non-toxic and safe for children?

12:58 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Clever!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home