Photobucket

Sunday, May 04, 2008

When at Home Sick....

I was at home sick most of the week, and after a few days of lying in bed and getting bored, i made a point to try and be creative. Strangely enough, i didn't have the desire to read or watch TV, but really felt productive after making a few things. Here is a bit of a recap for you:
I wanted to play around with some new jewelry ideas and since i love brooches and pins these days, i looked at my fabrics to see if i could make some fabric badges. I found about a dozen lovely fabrics that would do the job. For instance, here is a little pooch who is proudly displayed on my jacket. I embroidered a bit of flair to give the image depth, and just used mattress stitch to finish it off. This was my prototype, and i've already made several others since!

My mom came by recently and gave me even more goodies to play with. This old plastic belt from the 80s turned into some great earrings.I have learned to love to re-upholster. We inherited these amazing chairs but the cushions and fabric have seen better days. So, after going through my favourite barkcloths, i found an amazing choice with birds and flower details. It took a team effort, but i am so happy with the new look!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like you're new 'user pic'! your bar-b-qued cauliflower looks so tasty. My landlord found a bar-b-que so maybe i can do some grilling this summer too!

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I really dig your blog & visit from time to time. I just had to tell you- damn girl, you are bad-ass productive when you are home & ill! Bravo! And those chairs rock, seriously.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Feeling better?

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home