Photobucket

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Clem's Secret Garden Room




Not knowing the sex of our baby made no real impact when i started to plan the baby room. I wanted something playful, whimsical, and quintessentially us. So garden decor it was. The room overlooks our backyard, which we find to be such a happy and bright place. Of course we also wish to encourage, if just a bit subtly, a love of dirt, gardening, nature, flowers, and veggies in our little one - hopefully over trucks and aggressive sports! I know, i know, we can't make them like what we like really, but...we can try!
My dad generously offered to help update and insulate the room, being the coldest in the house. So he and J took the two exterior walls down, insulated them, put in a new window, and J refinished the wooden floor. We then painted the walls an ice blue, and used some of our leftover vintage wallpaper for one wall. Then i stepped in with the trinkets and decor magic!

I loved making things for this room, from
- the crib bumper and skirt (for when he eventually sleeps there, right now we just play there)
to
-the birds on the branch and birdhouse i already mentioned here
and
- the curtains from this fabulous line

I can't wait until li'l c is big enough to design his room and that we can make things for it together!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

I love this room! I love the birds in the branches. Just found your blog! :)

7:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE YOUR WALLPAPER! So cute.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is one of the best baby rooms i;ve ever seen! i LOVe that wall paper! i wish it was my room, though, ya know, with a bigger bed

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home