Photobucket

Friday, November 06, 2009

Boys Can Wear Leg Warmers


I find it funny how people think leg warmers are just for girls. They are actually quite practical! I don't know about you, but my little boy's pants all ride up the leg when he's in the carrier. Also, now that the weather is turning, having that extra layer on his legs is such a nice thing. I have 3 pairs of leg warmers, to match various outfits, of course. The ones above are the pair i made, following Never Not Knitting's easy pattern!

Edited to add: It took me a bit longer than it should to make these. I am still learning how to balance 'non-mommy' time with my wee one, especially as he is such a short napper! Though whenever i do knit (or sew-even more rare!), it reminds me how therapeutic it is. So soothing for my soul. Thank goodness i have realized i can knit while walking Li'l C to sleep in his carrier!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

They are adorable!!!

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Cara said...

Good for you for sticking to your guns and not being swayed by what people say about what boys "should" and "shouldn't" wear...I would not have considered it myself that infant boys can wear leg warmers, but now that I see it on your boy, I'm thinking why the heck not...it's not like the leg warmers have images of strawberries or butterflies on them or some print that is traditionally viewed as "girlish".

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

vania, your knitting link has sent me spiralling into the world of internet possibilities for new knitting projects. Curse and bless you all at once.

5:52 PM  
Blogger It's All In The Blog said...

super cute!!!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Kasia said...

What a great idea for cold days. Super cute. They might also add extra padding if they go over his knees while he is crawling:)

12:28 PM  
Blogger L2baker said...

I am so glad I found your blog! From one knitting-vegan to another, you rock!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home