Photobucket

Monday, October 12, 2009

What I'm Thankful For


As another Thanksgiving weekend comes to a close, i have a lot to be thankful for this year. It was a holiday that took me by surprise, as has a lot over these last 3 months.

Being a new mom has taught be a lot about patience, simplicity, priority, and love. I have my baby boy to thank for that. And, i have my partner to thank for helping me get through these last few months.

I love how we can look back at the whirlwind these last few months have been, to notice that summer flew by without us noticing too much, but also how amazing it is to have our baby be welcomed by our friends and family as he has. Thank you to all of you.

On another less mushy note, i also have our garden to thank - for a new kind of abundance and love of the Earth. Look at the squash we grew, by surprise i might add, in what we lovingly called Gumball's Garden - luckily his first solid food might be some of that lovely yellow Turban Squash. I didn't get to invest as much time and energy in the garden as i would have liked, but i admired it by the window and when getting a few minutes out back with Clem. Next year, i know we'll get more time there!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kat said...

Wow! You grew lots of squash! Guess that growing space is treating you well. This years tomato growing experience was a success (minus the blight) - I will think about expanding my bounty for next season.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Vic Robinson said...

Those squash look amazing! So jealous. I need a garden.....soon!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home