Photobucket

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Quickie Antique-y Trip

On our way to family Thanksgiving dinner recently, we took the opportunity of having a borrowed car - thanks again Mom and Dad - and went to my beloved Aberfoyle Antique Market. It truly never disappoints. We haven't been able to go yet this season (hmmmm...i wonder why!) and had just over an hour to speed-walk through the vendors.I always go with a list so that i don't forget all the things i'm looking for, and of course i don't just stay on the list, but i am very happy with our latest finds. We all walked away with something, cute 'butter' flower dishes for me, a rocking horse for Clem, and records for J. Oh, and some cool

Most exciting are the two new ceiling light fixtures we got to replace the old cheesy and broken ones. Makes me feel like our house is truly coming along. Though, the list of fix-it and reno work i do have is still rather lengthy.

From this: to this :
and from this broken fixture that broke during some especially brutal pile-driving for the new Go Train work (don't ask!):
to this lovely piece, circa before IKEA:

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

I love your old glass fixture! That's the kind I want to get for my bedroom. If I were in Toronto I'd buy it from you.

The new ones are nice too though!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Kat said...

I love all your finds! Those flower dishes and the rocking chair are great! That is a great market to find lots of goodies.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home