Photobucket

Monday, January 30, 2006

I love Swaps


I just got my first swap parcel in the mail today, all the way from Adriana in Portugal. I love it when great mail comes! As i mentioned previously, i joined a fun swap group on Flickr called Coloriffic Swap-o-rama. January's theme was aqua and red, and i got some great things in these colours - buttons, candies, fabric, ribbon, tea, and some great crocheted goodies. I love this swap because we're to make something and stick to the colour schemes - creative, i think.

I also just hosted my first clothing swap, and it was a lot of fun, and we all walked away with some great new finds. Funny how we all came with large garbage bags of clothes, but left with just a few items. My house is now invaded with clothes to donate. I'll be taking them in installments to a local abused women's shelter, so we all win! And, i also claimed some goodies that i can reuse into other great things - aprons, bags, pillows, pouches, lavendar satchels, flower pins - yea for swaps!

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

What a beatiful post. How lucky to get such a turquoise filled package!!! And I'm totally ready to give a lot of my clothes away, too. I'm always inspired with beautiful things and ideas when I read your blog.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Robyn Wade said...

I am tagging you with the meme on my blog!

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of 'things in the mail', sorry i haven't sent yours yet - i'm working on a craft for YOU - and need the perfect finishing touch button...
K

3:10 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

wow, you got some great stuff in that colour swap! (turquoise & red is my favourite colour combination). ps. thanks for thinking of me to "tag". i loved reading your answers! we have a few answers in common...you'll see soon! :)

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home