Photobucket

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Fun Vegan Yarns



I just found the best yarns at a local yarn store; i've been looking at all these sites on line for vegan yarns like bamboo and banana silk - there's even yarn from pineapple! I picked basic black bamboo yarn for a winter hat, and i'm going to accent it with this amazing recycled sari (cotton/rayon blend) from a community outreach project in Nepal. I can't wait to work with it! Thanks to the other vegan knitter bloggers who helped guide me in learning more about the available yarns out there!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifershmoo said...

Ooh, those yarns look lovely. I've been eyeing that recycled sari yarn online for a while now. Please keep us posted about how well it knits up. :-)

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty yarn! i have a hank of that recycled cotton/ rayon sari; i haven't decided what to make with it yet but i love it.

2:50 AM  
Blogger jen said...

that's exactly what i've been looking for! black bamboo and recycled sari to accent. i want to make a wrap as a christmas present. i hope i have as good luck as you at my local yarn store.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home