Photobucket

Sunday, October 16, 2005

In all Fairness

So i went to my first big craft fair with my friend Laural, who is a great person to with! I found some great things, and found some inspirations for projects and presents in the near future. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait to see some of my creations because i don't want the recipients to see them here first! We weren't allowed to take pictures there, but i have to share these great finds!

First, some great fabrics for quilts and more:



I also found a bunch of great buttons and more for $2.99! Notice the cute kitten buttons and belt loops.


And, while i didn't get this at the fair, a big welcome to Martha, who will be a great asset to our family (thanks Laural). I already put her to work by making a pouch filled with sewing notion for a friend who's moving overseas. And, since she might need a pin cushion too, i made this pin cushion (inspired by Bella Dia's amazing world of cushions).



I'm in full craft work mode - knitting a new poncho for myself, a gift for someone else, and am looking at on-line vegan yarn sources for a new hat. Besides knitting, i'm working on my Tie One On apron, another gift, and getting ready for my Hallowe'en extravaganza! Wish me luck...

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Sewing Machine -- YAY!!!!! (I just wrote about this! Tell me how you like yours...)

5:29 PM  
Blogger jen said...

wow, you are one crafty vegan all right!! i'm impressed with all your projects.

10:42 AM  
Blogger krissy said...

i've thought about going to that show in previous years but nixed the idea because i started worrying it would be a bit "country craft" if you know what i mean. i'm glad i was wrong. looks like you got some great stuff. that fabric is so pretty (love the blue one with small print best).

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home