Photobucket

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I'm on Fire!!!


Literally, i mean it. I can't believe my bad luck. I cook over my stove daily, but for some reason, Sunday seemed to be a special day of learning for me. I was reaching over my stove to get some spices while i had the front two elements on med-low (i had a big pot on to boil water). And voila! I smell something burning, a funny smell, and i look down, and there's my shirt and pants on fire! I screamed like you wouldn't believe (not loud enough, incidently to wake my sleeping prince on the couch!), and patted down my top. To top it off (no pun intended), i searched high and low for a top like this (blouse, with buttons in the back) and now it's ruined. Well, i'm a crafty grrl, i guess i'll add a bow or flower detail to it. Any suggestions; look at the dark mass for guidance. Now i know that my aprons aren't just for show or to stop the flour from getting all over me - they are practical too for fires. Be warned!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee, that's too funny, but sad too about your shirt. I'm just glad you weren't hurt! We must not have been home, because we didn't hear you yell either!

10:30 AM  
Blogger jen said...

can you just hem it up to end above the burn? it's a really pretty top.

11:50 AM  
Blogger krissy said...

what a drag! yeah, try hemming it or adding a flower do-hickey to hide the burn. you can save it, i think.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

i agree with everyone else. i think it's worth saving... i'm glad that you're ok!

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the top new or vintage?? Remember that top you got me in Manchester? It's grey with a wide strip at the bottom that ties on the side? A soft fabric tied in a bow like that would look nice...

My pilot light went out on my stove last night...while baking.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Andrea Rusin said...

Oh MAN! I'm glad you're okay. I vote hemming, but.... do SOMETHING, because that's a cute top!

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I supose you must not cook in such flamable garments silly gyrl!!!

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home