Photobucket

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Lucky Me

Well, i'm on vacation for 2 weeks, which is a great treat because work has been bringing me down. I'll be spending it in a fun mix of everything - crafting, reading, cooking, eating, sleeping, visiting friends, going to New York City, etc. I spent yesterday being crafty and fixing things. With my new sewing machine, i am a whiz! I started making 2 pillows about 2 years ago but my old machine just didn't cut it so they've been sitting there unfinished this whole time. One is from a beautiful shirt i bought in India that doesn't fit anymore. It's joined my pillow club on my bed already!

From this:


To this:


I said I'm lucky because i had a scare yesterday with my blog. Since i'm on holiday, i have time on my hands to 'play' and well, i don't know what i did, but i lost the template code to display all my posts. How scary! But, my boy genius said, why dont' you just create a new blog to get the templates, and i did! Brilliant!

6 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

really beautiful, nice work recycling the shirt into a pillow.

have a nice holiday!

2:35 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

have a fantastic break from work. can't wait to see what you bring back from your trip to nyc!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

wow, that's great work! i'm going to respond to your email now...

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pillow. You are wicked smart!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Andrea Rusin said...

I love you "new" pillow. It's a great re-use!

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're sewing - did you notice one of my Christmas requests?? Something sewn, like a bolero??! Can't wait for NYC!!

I loved that shirt - but it does look better as a pillow.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home