Photobucket

Monday, May 15, 2006

For My Mother


As i mentioned in my last post, my mother has had an influence on me. I have grown up making crafts and collecting things. My birthday being so close to Christmas, my birthday parties always had a craft corner aspect them. Growing up, we would make sparkly pine comb ornaments, beaded candy canes, you name it. Funnily enough, i still do that today when i host parties.

My mom always would rather have a hand-made gift than 'wasting our money.' So, my sister and i always make her something. She is a gardener and has a green thumb, which coincidently is her favourite colour. So this year, for Mother's Day, i made her a gardener's apron, and a green tissue holder. I was inspired by Bella Dia's tutorial and made just a couple of alterations.

She loves a plant that grows on the front lawn of my rental property (we think it's called Jacob's Ladder). So i decided to get her some, including the roots. Oh my Goodness, i had no idea what i was getting into. There i am, at 8am all dressed up in my high heels, shoveling with a serving spoon, to get 4 stems of this plant including the roots that were as thick as my tofurkey sausages! She was happy that i even remembered, but i still hope i didn't effectively kill the plants!

This year, being just 2 months before my big celebration, we had a nice visit filled with a breakdown on the decoration planning. Let me tell you, there are a lot of details involved - and what fun - napkins, candles, ribbon, gifts, garland, balloons, flowers, oh my! But we were both giddy with excitement, and it reminded me of when i was young and still living at home. I am so happy that my mom is supportive of my choices and so obviously proud of me. It is of the upmost importance, then, that i let her know that i love her and appreciate all her support.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

What a beautiful post. Sounds like things are going well with her involvement in your celebration.

I love the gifts you made her. What a thoughtful daughter!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home