Photobucket

Monday, August 28, 2006

A Post About Nothing


Well, i can't deny it any longer, fall is just around the corner. I don't know where my summer went, but i think i did just about everything on my list. Except swim. I think my body touched water 2 times all summer. I hope that we have another heat wave because i am in desperate need to go to Sunnyside pool with my new swimming cap! At least we still have 3 cottage trips - the summer is not over until those come and go!

I did want to share with you some great finds and things that have kept me busy. For instance, i found these great beads (attached to a cheezy rope thing) that i converted into my first big-bead necklace. Fun, huh? My friend bought me a fantastic cuff from the same Archie comic book paper so i couldn't resist these. And, they come from a fair trade women's co-op in the Phillippines, so i'm especially excited!

Also, our friends have a magnificant garden, and they brought us some fruits of their labour - heritage tomatoes! Just look at them! We met up with them this weekend at one of the cool 'free weekends at the Harbourfront' festival. This weekend's theme was IndieFest - all this DIY - and the music groups featured were Herbert, Amy Milan, and the Hidden Cameras, to name a few. Fun times - hang by the waterfront and watch a free concert outdoors!

I also just got home from a spontaneous trip to Winners. How rewarding it was. They had a pair of shoes i was eyeing in the 'retail' stores - and on sale in the end-of-summer section. And i really want new fall shoes, so i got myself two pairs of shoes!

Now, all i have to do is look forward to what September brings me: The Annual Vegetarian Food Fair, The Clothing Show, and a few more concerts! I think we'll be hosting a 'back-to-school' dinner party for our school friends and i can't wait to use all the new kitchen things we got this summer!

6 Comments:

Blogger mishka said...

it figures. We were at the Amy Millan show too, and we totally missed you guys. Wasn't she fabulous?

I love that necklace. The ribbons on the side are adorable!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Shaun said...

hey, your blog is definitely inspiring me to get out my fabric and scissors and go crazy...!
do you mind if i add you as a link?

10:36 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Such a busy, crafty woman!

I'm gonna try and meet up with you at the Veg fair.

And those shoes! And beads! And tomatoes! I couldn't be more jealous!

1:28 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

i'm so insanely jealous that you still have 3 more cottage visits left! i absolutely lurrrve cottages!

btw: i loved your idea about the veg food fair (that you left on my blog). i think we should do it! sarah kramer is going to be there on sat & sun at 3pm i think. maybe we could tie that in?

2:00 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

I was at Indie Unlimited too!

Sarah Kramer actually cancelled her Veg Food Fair appearance :( but there will be lots of other fun stuff to do.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, i got some hand spun beads at that funky store in Davis Square...they are still in their bag though. I ran into a lady from knitting and realized i havn't been there since December! BUT, i have a load of crafty things coming in time for the holiday season!
And wear the cap swimming this weekend, it might be chilly!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home