Off to Vancouver!
Well, it's my first time out west to check out Vancouver. I will be there for a week, which should be enough time to see what all the fuss is about! Everyone seems to compare Toronto to it, and tell me 'i will love it.' I'm sure i will but i am in love with Toronto (though i am surely not a Toronto snob). Yet, on the other hand, i love that Vancouver is probably more vegan-friendly and has the most beautiful skyline and vibrant life!
Laural, who's from B.C. had posted about great things to do in Vancouver and a friend of mine asked her sister to tell me all the great things she loves about Vancouver. Since J will be somewhat preoccupied with research work, i'll have some time to myself. So, with that detailed list, and a great map from CAA, i'm off with my good pair of walking shoes (well, sandals, who am i kidding!)
Here are some things i hope to check out:
* Foundation restaurant - vegan friendly
* The Naam - vegetarian institution
* Sophia Books - to see if i can choose which Japanese craft book i want!
* Barefoot Contessa store
* Gravity Pope - since i'm a known shoe-lover, i was told i have to go here
* Granville Island
* Stanely Park
* Vancouver Art Gallery - since J studies First Nations history, this would be a great exhibit to check out.
See you in a week!