Photobucket

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

New Reading Material


I am slowly going through all my new gifts and household items, but i wanted to highlight these cooking books i got. I just love reading through them and discovering yummy-looking recipes. I already made one: Quinoa and Vegetable Stew from A Vegan Taste of Central America. So good!

Rebar - it seems like everyone i know has this and i'm so happy to get my own copy. It's not all vegan, but is vegetarian/vegan and i can live with that.

A Vegan Look at Central America
and A Vegan Look at East Africa - i love Ethiopian food and am excited to learn how to make dishes from eastern Africa and Central America so that i don't have to go out all the time!

The World in Your Kitchen - this book offers recipes from around the globe and in such a beautiful way i can't wait to try out a recipe. There are thoughtful stories, quotes, and gorgeous pictures throughout it.

We got some great kitchen things - a rice cooker, slow cooker (what on earth do i make with this), new frying pans, a grill, a gift certificate at Williams-Sonama, a torch to make vegan creme brulee, wine glasses, cool glasses and a pitcher - oh i could go on. I'm so grateful for these great gifts and hope to host many dinner and brunch parties to treat everyone!

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

oh, gifts are fun, yes? and the world in your kitchen -- my very first cookbook 10 yrs ago!

9:46 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

wow, sounds like you got some wonderful and very thoughtful gifts. those books look great! and you should have a fun time using your williams-sonoma g.certificate!

oh, how i wish paul and i had received a torch when we got hitched. hee hee

10:54 PM  
Blogger jen said...

that rice cooker is a great gift. that's one of my favorite kitchen items. i'd never make rice any other way.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Oh your post made me hungry! Wonderful gifts - hooray!

I loooove my rice cooker. We also have a slow cooker that we got as a gift 3 years ago and I am embarassed to say it is still in the box because I too have no idea what to cook with it that doesn't involve stewing meat. Yuck.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I don’t own a slow cooker, I can think of many yummy things to make using one. For example, beef and barley stew, Spanish paella with chorizo sausage and shrimp and lentil soup with pancetta bacon. Oh, the intoxicating aromas. Yum, yum, yum…de-lish! Let me know if you’d like the recipes :)

1:25 PM  
Blogger vania said...

Monica, thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunately i don't eat meat!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

I really must look for those cookbooks...esp...the African one! :)

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget the best gift of all...a custom painting by Matt Tiessen :)

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home