Photobucket

Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas is Coming, Christmas is Coming

Well, it's barely 7am and i slept like crap. I only know i even slept because J told me i snored. And i don't snore. What i thought was just my usual allergies seems to have become a cold. Nothing major, just bad sinus congestion, but it's enough to impact my sleeping.

So, here i am awake and wanting to share with you pictures of my decorations to our apartment. We bought a tree from our usual spot - a corner store in our neighbourhood that we love - and put up the trimmngs while watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I think, no i know, that this is J's favourite holiday movie. I love that he still finds it so funny after all these years.
We also decorated around the house a bit and i made these wonderful cloth trees. When we were in Boston last weekend, we went to Anthropologie (i love that store and we don't have it here) and J loved these big fabric trees and challenged me to make them. After a bit of a production on how to make the template to cut out, i found Little Birds tutorial. And voila, i made 5 very different trees that now adorn my mantel.
I also can't have any decorations without updating my Eleanor, so here she is complete with my festive apron that i made for last December's Tie One On group.

Lastly, i have completed my wish list. Besides the list of books i posted about already, i also would love to receive the following things:

*Terry cloth robe
* Dance Dance Revolution PS2 game
* Okami PS2 game
*New York City Ballet workout DVD

* Make-Up brushes that are vegan-friendly
* Brief case that’s not a ‘briefcase’ like the striped one at Casuri
* Iron
* Rice cooker
* Salad Dressing Shaker (i.e. Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker)
* Salad Spinner
* Air Purifier

6 Comments:

Blogger mishka said...

those sewn trees are brilliant, vania! we have no room for a tree in our small apartment and these would be perfect!

Hope your holidays are wonderful and stress-free.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your sewn christmas trees! i'm stealing your idea. i haven't put up our christmas decorations yet, this is late for me. you are so lucky that shuma doesn't destroy your tree and the presents under it. we can't have a tree on the floor because tex is too destructive!

i've heard that okami game is great, you'll have to let me know if you get it. i hope you get ddr - it's the funnest game ever! which version of the game do you want, or don't you care? my wish list is only one thing - guitar hero!

feel better soon.

-jeninmd (for some reason blogger wouldn't let me post as me!)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

Everything looks so nice!

I want DDR too! I've played it in the arcade at Yorkdale Mall.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, that jen!!! she keeps stealing peoples idears!!! (ha!) i totally want to make a tree, too, but not a christmas tree, but a fat trunk tree with branches!

such a sweet mantle and decorated eleanor you got there!

my students LOVE ddr, and they formed a club! some of the most fun i ever had was when my students brought that game into school on an off day. i do not have any video game stations, though.

there was something else i wanted to say but i forgot!

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate blogger beta! I have been trying for 3 days to comment on how lovely and festive your decorations are and how I hope Santa brings you everything you are wishing for. But Blogger won't let me!!

~

1:23 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

hey vania!!!!

how's the other side of 30 lookin??? you are so very rad, and i am hoping that you're having a wonderful time!

love,
michelle

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home